First Aid at Work Training Course for Individuals
Duration: 3 days*
Suitable for: First Aid at Work qualification.
* Note: This course consists of 18 hours contact time and is run over 3 consecutive days at various locations near Norwich. If you already have a current certificate, see details of our First Aid at Work Requalification Course.
First Aid at Work course outline
The content of this course meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive and includes:
- The role of the first aider, including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions.
- The importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures.
- Assessing the situation and circumstances, in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure.
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
- Recognising the presence of major illness and applying general first aid principles in its management.
- Demonstrating the correct first aid management of:
- soft tissue injuries
- injuries to bones, including suspected spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries, including how to irrigate an eye
- sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock
- Final assessment
Additional information about the First Aid at Work course
All trainees will receive a course manual. Attendees who successfully complete the final assessment will receive a First Aid at Work certificate that is valid for three years and meets the HSE requirements for Qualified First Aiders in the workplace.
The First Aid at Work course complies with the new HSE requirements for First Aid training.
To discuss your first aid training requirements or to make a booking,
please call First Aid Training Associates on 01508 570318 or complete our enquiry form.