First Aid at Work Annual Refresher Course: In-house
Duration: 3 hours
Suitable for: Anyone who has a valid and current First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate (see note below)
Courses can be arranged at your own premises – please contact us to check that you have suitable facilities.
Do you need a First Aid skills refresher?
HSE strongly recommends that first-aiders undertake annual refresher training within any three-year certification period of First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work. This refresher training should be provided in the years when a first aider is not initially qualifying or re-qualifying. It enables first aiders:
- to reduce the level of skills fade that can occur over a three year period, and
- to be made aware of any changes in first aid procedure that has occurred since the last course they attended
First Aid at Work Annual Skills Update outline:
The training would normally cover the content shown below and last at least three hours over half a day.
- assess the situation in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
To discuss your first aid training requirements or to make a booking,
please call First Aid Training Associates on 01508 570318 or complete our enquiry form.