Driver CPC First Aid Training: In-house training
Duration: 7 hours
Suitable for: Approved Training for LGV / PCV driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence)
Courses can be arranged at your own premises – please contact us to check that you have suitable facilities, as we will require space for the training sessions.
Why Choose First Aid Training for Driver CPC?
Professional drivers spend much of their day behind the wheel of a vehicle and travel many miles. It is, therefore, quite likely that they will come across road accidents, or may be involved in one themselves. Where there are casualties following a road traffic collision, it is important that the correct actions are taken in order to preserve life and prevent deterioration before the emergency services arrive on scene. Having first aid training provides the skills and confidence to make a difference. Indeed in many countries it is a legal requirement to have first aid training before learning to drive.
There is no assessment on this course, where training is provided in a relaxed, non-threatening environment. Who knows when it may turn out to be the best day of a driver’s career.
Driver CPC First Aid course outline
- Welcome and introduction
- What is first aid and why do we do it
- The role of the first aider, including reference to the use of available equipment
- Understanding the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- Management of injuries to bones including spinal injuries
- Recognising the presence of a major illness and apply general first aid
- Review and evaluation
Additional information about the Driver CPC First Aid course
All trainees will receive a certificate of attendance and a record of course attendees is uploaded to the driver recording database within 5 working days of driver CPC First Aid Training Course attendance.
See pricing information for the in-house driver CPC course (charges include the fee we are required to pay for each driver’s record to be uploaded).
To discuss your first aid training requirements or to make a booking,
please call First Aid Training Associates on 01508 570318 or complete our enquiry form.