Emergency First Aid at Work Training Course: In-house
Duration: 6 hours
Suitable for: Emergency First Aid at Work qualification
Courses can be arranged at your own premises – please contact us to check that you have suitable facilities, as we will require suitable space for the training sessions.
Emergency Aid (6 hour) course outline
- The role of the first aider, including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions.
- The importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures.
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure.
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
Additional information about the Emergency First Aid at Work course
All trainees will receive a book to support the course and successful candidates will be awarded an
Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate that is valid for three years.
There is ongoing assessment on this course.
This course complies with the new HSE requirements for First Aid training.
We also offer an “annual skills update” refresher session which the HSE recommends is attended by all qualified first aiders at least twice during their 3 year qualification period.
To discuss your first aid training requirements or to make a booking,
please call First Aid Training Associates on 01508 570318 or complete our enquiry form.