First Aid at Work Training Course: In-house
Duration: 3 days*
Suitable for: First Aid at Work qualification.
* Note: This course consists of 18 hours contact time. It is usually run as a 3-day course, we are happy to consider other arrangements to suit your business. As an example, a course run over 3 weeks at 1-day per week may be more suitable for you.
Courses can be arranged at your own premises – please contact us to check that you have suitable facilities, as we will require space for the training sessions and the assessments (where applicable).
First Aid at Work course outline
The content of this course meets the requirements of the Health and Safety Executive and includes:
- The role of the first aider, including reference to the use of available equipment and the need for recording incidents and actions.
- The importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures.
- Assessing the situation and circumstances, in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure.
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock.
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries.
- Recognising the presence of major illness and applying general first aid principles in its management.
- Demonstrating the correct first aid management of:
- soft tissue injuries
- injuries to bones, including suspected spinal injuries
- chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries, including how to irrigate an eye
- sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock
- Final assessment
Additional information about the First Aid at Work course
All trainees will receive a course manual. Attendees who successfully complete the final assessment will receive a First Aid at Work certificate that is valid for three years and meets the HSE requirements for Qualified First Aiders in the workplace.
This course can be provided in-house for groups of trainees or at various locations near Norwich for individuals.
The First Aid at Work course complies with the new HSE requirements for First Aid training.
We also offer the “annual skills update” refresher session which the HSE recommends is attended by all qualified first aiders at least twice during their 3 year qualification period.
To discuss your first aid training requirements or to make a booking,
please call First Aid Training Associates on 01508 570318 or complete our enquiry form.