Driver CPC First Aid Training for Individuals
Duration: 7 hours
Suitable for: Approved Training for LGV / PCV driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence)
All LGV and PCV drivers who drive professionally throughout the UK are required to undertake 35 hours of relevant training every 5 years. (EU Directive 2003/59). This affects all professional drivers of buses and coaches (D, D1, DE, D1E licence holders) and came into effect on 10th September 2008. It also applies to professional drivers of lorries (C, C1, CE, C1E licence holders) and was effective from 10th September 2009.
Driver CPC was introduced across the European Union to maintain high driving standards and improve road safety. All professional Bus, Coach and Lorry drivers (there are just a few exemptions) must undertake Driver CPC if they want to drive for a living. Any drivers of lorries of 3.5 tons+ and minibuses with 9 seats or more must obtain Driver CPC.
Courses must be run by approved training centres and be authorised courses.
Why Choose First Aid Training for Driver CPC?
Professional drivers spend much of their day behind the wheel of a vehicle and travel many miles. It is, therefore, quite likely that they will come across road accidents, or may be involved in one themselves. Where there are casualties following a road traffic collision, it is important that the correct actions are taken in order to preserve life and prevent deterioration before the emergency services arrive on scene. Having first aid training provides the skills and confidence to make a difference. Indeed in many countries it is a legal requirement to have first aid training before learning to drive.
We run these courses through an approved training centre and are able to provide a 7 hour first aid course that will qualify as part of the periodic training as required under this provision. There is no assessment on this course, where training is provided in a relaxed, non-threatening environment. Who knows when it may turn out to be the best day of a drivers career.
Driver CPC First Aid course outline
- Welcome and introduction
- What is first aid and why do we do it
- The role of the first aider, including reference to the use of available equipment
- Understanding the importance of basic hygiene in first aid procedures
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious and/or in seizure
- Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding and/or in shock
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Providing appropriate first aid for minor injuries
- Management of injuries to bones including spinal injuries
- Recognising the presence of a major illness and apply general first aid
- Review and evaluation
Driver CPC First Aid Training Course Dates
Cost: £145 per trainee + VAT at the standard rate.
20th December FULL
Additional information about the Driver CPC First Aid course
All trainees will receive a certificate of attendance and a record of course attendees is uploaded to the driver recording database within 5 working days of driver CPC First Aid Training Course attendance.
To discuss your first aid training requirements or to make a booking,
please call First Aid Training Associates on 01508 570318 or complete our enquiry form.