AED Defibrillation – In-house training
Duration: 4 hours
Suitable for: Anyone already trained to resuscitate, who has access to an AED and needs training in its safe use.
Courses can be arranged at your own premises – please contact us to check that you have suitable facilities.
About AED – treatment for cardiac arrest
Automated External Defibrillation (AED) has proved to be the best treatment for most people who suffer a cardiac arrest. There is strong scientific evidence to support early defibrillation and the chances of successful defibrillation decline at a rate of 7-10% with each minute that passes between collapse and the first shock. Basic life support may help to sustain a shockable rhythm but in itself does not usually resolve the problem.
AED (defibrillation) course outline
- Revision of resuscitation
- Understanding common / relevant cardiac arrhythmias
- Understanding of an AED and the checks required to ensure it is usable
- Understanding the use of an AED
- Practise using an AED using current UK resuscitation council protocols
- Practise various scenarios where basic life support and defibrillation are required
Additional information about the AED (defibrillation) course
All trainees will receive literature to support the course.
There is ongoing assessment throughout the course and an AED (defibrillation) Certificate is awarded to all attendees meeting the required standards of competence.
See pricing information for this course.
To discuss your first aid training requirements or to make a booking,
please call First Aid Training Associates on 01508 570318 or complete our enquiry form.